A Resource for Performing Artists, Scholars and Audiences.
ImPulsTanz and Dieter Rehberg, founder of the Method PME (Physio-Mentale Entwicklung), present the 3 week-long Somatic Movement Teacher Training in the frame of ImPulsTanz 2018.
WHAT: How to plan, teach and evaluate Somatic Movement sessions
WHO: Dieter Rehberg, founder of the Method PME
WHEN: 23 July to 10 August 2018, Mon-Fri, 10:00-18:00 (1,5 h lunch break)
WHERE: ImPulsTanz - Vienna International Dance Festival
PROJECT FEE: €1.580,-
Maximum number of participants: 15
Registration as of now (first come first serve)!
In this Somatic Movement Teacher Training the participants learn how to plan, teach and evaluate Somatic Movement classes. Somatic Movement is a unique approach that combines definitions of qualities of sensations, based on Buddhist psychology, with a communication model: the "Somatic Dialogue". This communication model triggers the self-organisation and the self-development of the human being.
This intense 3-week training is experiential, practical and theoretical and offers a unique learning opportunity for motivated and experienced individuals. Experience in one if these following fields is required: dance, somatics/bodywork, teaching/lecturing.
The Curriculum includes the following:
• Movement: Theory and Exploration
• Gravity and Movement Development
• Touch and Hands On
• Exercises – Exploration – Improvisation
• Anatomy: Theory and Embodiment
• Sensation: Quality and Techniques
• Mind: Definition and Psychology of Somatics
• Somatic Dialogue: Self-Organisation, Alignment, Micro-Coordination
• Giving and Receiving Feedback
• Teaching: Theory, Preparation, Language, Practice, Evaluation
Teaching language is English!
For your registration, please send us the following material via email, letter, fax: