A Resource for Performing Artists, Scholars and Audiences.
Time: April 12, 2011 at 6pm to May 5, 2011 at 7pm
Location: Albany, NY
Street: 4 Central ave
City/Town: Albany ny
Website or Map: http://livingwallsalbany.com
Event Country: usa
Organized By: Meghan E. Van Alstyne & Grace Exhibition Space
Latest Activity: Apr 25, 2011
Call For Performance Proposals:
Deadline for submissions: May 1st
Festival Dates: September 16th, 17th, 18th 2011
Entry Fee: A suggested entry fee of $15 ( all fees will help fund selected artists for the event)
Living Walls Albany 2011; Albany, NY
Arrival And Departure : Contemplating points of Origin
Curators Meghan E. Van Alstyne ( Marketplace Gallery Albany, NY)
Jill and Erik Hokanson (Grace Exhibition Space Brooklyn, NY)
Living Walls, Albany is issuing a call for performances exploring themes and variations revolving around the notions of “arrival and departure”, the coming to cross roads and/or concepts of points of origin.
There will be 25 Artists scheduled to perform on a revolving schedule over a three day period. 15 slots are open to New York based artists only, the remaining 10 slots will accommodate both national and international artists. Both Timed and Durational Pieces will be entertained. Space for installations involving performative acts will also be available.
- Please submit a written explanation of your intended performance, including any and all required materials and equipment.
- Send a CV and one (1) video sample of your work ( please keep it short, no more than 10 minutes) and/or 5 – 10 photo documentation samples of your work. Websites are more than welcome!
- Be sure to include all contact information as we will notify all accepted artists immediately the following week of the submission end date.
- Housing can be provided to artists traveling to the area for the festival.
- Please write to enquire about travel stipends.
E-mail submission and any questions or concerns to Meghan.email@example.com
Or snail Mail to: The Marketplace Gallery
c/o Meghan Van Alstyne
40 BroadwayAlbany NY 12202